Native has been installing 18" 180mm (7.25" wide) tires on the front of HD touring models for about 13 years now. Yes, 13 years! Therefore we have the most experience and offer the most complete, most tested, best engineered well thought out fat front tire kit available anywhere.
PLEASE NOTE: We include the NECESSARY custom notched slider covers with our kit and we don't charge extra for chrome or black axle spacers, fender spacers or for any of our FOUR fender styles.
This is the ORIGINAL wide front tire kit for 1994-2013 HD touring models! We call it our PRO kit because it is the most comprehensive wide front tire kit we offer. Our Pitbull PRO wide front tire kit allows you to run a 180mm (7.25") or 200mm (7.5") wide tire up FRONT and it compliments a 180 or 200mm rear tire perfectly. This kit fits Road Glides, Road Kings and all batwing fairing models like Street Glides and Ultra Classics. Your fairing, nacelle or RG gauge housing will bolt up to your new Native trees just like it did to the stock trees because while our trees do spread your forks farther apart, overall they are not any wider than stock trees.
Our Native PRO wide tire kit:
- Allows for installation of the WIDEST TIRE available. (7.5")
- Will provide a smoother ride than even a stock front end.
- Will handle awesome, including in corners.
- Will help protect your wheel from pothole damage.
- Is a completely BOLT-ON kit that maintains stock front end rake.
- Includes our Native brand AMERICAN MADE 14g STAMPED STEEL LASER CUT fender that FITS PERFECT EVERY TIME and is the BEST quality available ANYWHERE. Our steel fenders are covered by our LIFETIME STRUCTURAL WARRANTY!
- Saves you money at the painter because the fender is such awesome quality.
- Allows you to choose from hundreds of wheel styles that we can supply to you complete with rotors and a bead balanced tire.
- Uses a very common size tire that is readily available around the country. We recommend the very reputable Michelin Commander 2 or Dunlop D207 tires.
- DOES NOT require special modified fork legs.
- Offers you a choice of 4 different fender styles.
Our standard base price PRO kit includes:
- Extremely strong STOCK RAKE machined finish triple trees that increase the distance between your fork tubes. (chrome or black lower tree available as an option)
- Your choice of any one of our Native brand American made STAMPED STEEL LASER CUT fenders.
- Special raw metal finish SLIDER COVERS which are VERY IMPORTANT and MUST be used with our kit. Chrome or gloss black powder-coat available as an option.
- Special width chrome or gloss black axle spacers are included for NO EXTRA CHARGE. These will hide your wheel bearings!
- Special width chrome of gloss black fender spacers included for NO EXTRA CHARGE!
- Special width axle for stock HD, Arlen Ness or Performance Machine fork legs. (Flush axle with chrome or gloss black end caps is included for stock style fork legs).
Benefits of the PRO kit over our EASY kit are:
- A wider look because the fork legs are spread apart more than stock.
- The PRO fender is not notched like the EASY kit fender is.
- PRO kit allows the use of a 200mm (7.5" wide) tire.
You can choose from 4 different fender styles and 3 finish options in the menus below and you can mix and match finish options. If you click on the circle next to the options you want the website will total the price for you.
***THE MAJOR DIFFERENCE of this PRO kit vs our less expensive EASY kit is that the fender in the EASY kit is notched to go around the fork leg so there is NO FENDER MATERIAL between the tire and the fork leg. This PRO kit includes trees that move the fork legs farther apart (making the front end LOOK wider) so you can run a full sided fender without a notch. Both kits include a 8" wide STAMPED STEEL fender and can accommodate the same 7.25" wide 180mm tire and wheel. This PRO kit will allow for a 7.5" 200mm tire where the EASY kit will not.
Our 180mm "EASY" wide front tire kits for 1984-2013 HD touring models ($599.95) and 180mm wide front tire kits for 2014-present touring models ($899.95) are also available on this website. Please check out those listings on the home page of this website and then call our shop if you need additional info or if you'd like to order. 269-276-9200. If you would us to email you information about WHEELS AND TIRES for these kits please email us at Paul@NativeCustomBaggers.com or through the contact button on our home page.
ALL OF OUR WIDE FRONT TIRE KITS ARE FOR 18" DIAMETER WHEELS.
Right now we are not doing the 21 and 23” fat tires but we may in the future. We never got into the tall wheel craze because we prefer to improve the Harley touring models instead of reducing their touring ability which is what happens when a taller front wheel is installed. Also, the 21” and 23” fat tires are not actually 180mm wide so they are NARROWER than the 18” 180 tires which is what we have been running with our kits for the past 13 years. 21” and 23” tire quality is another issue. The only tire available for the 21” and 23” wide tires is the V-Rubber brand tire which does not have a great reputation to say the least. The V-Rubbers also have a much lower weight rating than the 18” 180 tires, and also have less tread depth than the 18” 180 tires. Also, if you were out on the road somewhere and had a V-Rubber tire failure, I guarantee that NO ONE would have one in stock. In the future when a reputable tire manufacture makes a 21” & 23” fat tire then we will promote those sizes but for now we are very busy supplying our 18” 180 front tire kits and our kits get rave reviews so we are sticking with a good thing.